Trichocereus pachanoi – San Pedro (seed)
Trichocereus pachanoi is a South American cactus species used traditionally for divining purposes. Named after Professor Aberlardo Pachano who travelled with Dr. Rose, the original western collector, in 1918 (Trout, 2005). An upright species to 6 metres tall. Also an excellent grafting stock.
We are offering several hybrid and open pollinated (OP) Trichocereus pachanoi seeds, please choose your option.
- Trichocereus pachanoi ‘KK339’. Ecuadorian San Pedro, distributed by Karel Knize.
- Trichocereus pachanoi ‘Fields’. Sometimes referred to as PC; originated from Fields Cactus Farm.
- Trichocereus pachanoi ‘Rod’. Ecuadorian San Pedro.
- Trichocereus pachanoi ‘Yowie’. Probably originated at Fields Cactus Farm.
- Trichocereus pachanoi ‘Etienne’. Originated from Fremantle Community Gardens in WA.
- Trichocereus pachanoi ‘EQ1’. Ecuadorian San Pedro.
- Trichocereus pachanoi ‘CC1’. Ecuadorian San Pedro.
Care and Cultivation of Trichocereus pachanoi
We now use the Takeaway Tek for germinating most cacti seeds. Click here to view the Takeaway Tek. Otherwise, follow the directions below.
Trichocereus pachanoi seed should be sown in a sterile cacti mix, either in terracotta pots or plastic, people either prefer one or the other. Cover the seed very lightly with mix and mist the surface to settle the soil and seeds. Cover with a humidity dome or plastic wrap and leave in a warm spot in 50% shade. Fluctuating temperatures are best (ie. high day temperature and low night temperature). Seedlings will emerge in 7-21 days and can be grown in the same environment for a number of months. Mist or bottom water when the soil is almost dry.
As they get older the watering can become deeper and more frequent. Potting up can be done when 5-10mm in diameter or after 6-8 weeks at a minimum. Keep in part-shade until large enough to deal with full-sun. Once established, Trichocereus species can be watered most of the year in all climates.
25 seeds per packet.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.