Terms of Trade
- Our minimum order is $19.95
- Customers must be over 18 years of age to order from Herbalistics (many of our seeds are potentially toxic if ingested)
- Plants are shipped within AUSTRALIA ONLY (EXCEPT WA/TAS)
- We accept the following payment methods at checkout: Bank Transfer. Cheque. Please read our blog to find out why we don’t accept Paypal or Credit Card payments (anymore).
- WESTERN AUSTRALIAN ORDERS: Due to the WA state quarantine laws, there is a fee to import seeds into your state. This is a minimum of $50. We can send allowed seeds (see shipping restrictions on product pages) but we will not be covering the state inspection fee if the order is examined; it is the customers responsibility to pay any fees. Herb packets and extracts can be sent to WA unless otherwise noted. Please check your state quarantine website for information on permitted seed before ordering; we do not accept responsibility for any items that may be rejected or not allowed entry.
- INTERNATIONAL ORDERS: We no longer send ANY orders out of Australia due to the increasing need for phytosanitary certificates, extra customs/quarantine requirements and the extra administration required for these orders.
- PLANTS: Plants are sent by Express Post and are mailed out Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday each week. Cacti and succulents may be sent at any time by normal or express post and at our discretion, even if you choose the express option (they can survive a long time in the mailing system and a stay in the Post Office over a weekend will not harm them). Sometimes they are extra heavy and that is factored into the postage method.
- Plants are sent bare rooted, packed in sterile coco peat and wet newspaper. We send no soil through the postal system for quarantine requirements. Please make sure you have a good potting mix and pots ready for the arrival of your plants. You will receive a plant care sheet with your order.
- We send out healthy plants with well-established root systems, however they are not as big as what you would buy at a walk-in nursery. Plants are generally grown in 50mm native tubes (see picture) but are kept trimmed to under 200m to fit in the postage satchel for your order. Keeping plant size smaller reduces your postage costs and increases their survival rate through transit.
- Product photos are for display purposes only (for plants, this is generally to show the mature flowering form) and do not in any way reflect the actual plant you will receive.
- Substitution for just out of stock items. We will contact you, if possible, to arrange a substitution, but will substitute a similar item to your selected plant at our discretion to keep our turnaround times short. This may be because one particular cultivar is out of stock and another is in stock.
- CACTI: We strive to grow as close to organic standards as we can, hence we no longer use fungicides (we only used them rarely anyway). This means we do not sell flawless, unmarked cacti and cuttings. Certain fungal and bacterial issues are ubiquitous in all collections in Australia (most likely as a result of being brought in to combat Prickly Pear), but they are most felt in the humid coastal areas in warmer parts of Australia. Please don’t email us complaining that your cacti has some marks/spots etc. We strive to minimise these by our growing conditions, but these non-fatal diseases are to be expected.
- SEEDS/HERBS: Seed and herb packet quantities greater than a single packet (2+) will be packed in the same bag to reduce packing time and waste. If you want them individually packed for gifts please let us know on checkout.
- Seeds per packet are a general count only: life is too short to count beans. Seed packets with a small number of seeds (1-10) and rare seeds will be hand counted; quantities above this will be approximate only and we will generally err on the side of packing more seeds per packet.
- Seed packets are sealed for security when there are more than one packet combined in the same bag. In the case you believe you have received less seed packets than the number you ordered, we require you to send photos of the front and back of the unopened bag with seeds visible so that we can assess.
- Substitution for just out of stock items. We will contact you where we can to arrange a substitution, but will substitute a similar item to your selected seed at our discretion to keep our turnaround times short.
- Please be patient. We ship your order once we have received payment and you should receive it, in most cases, within 7 days of your payment confirmation (this can vary from 3-14 days or up to a month for international orders) and depending on your choice of either regular post or express post.
- If you have a genuine complaint about our service and/or product quality, please email us with your order number, your details and the nature of the complaint.
- REFUNDS: We are happy to give refunds for orders that have not been shipped yet. Restocking fees of 10% order total may apply and you will be informed once you make an enquiry. Plants and living goods may not be returned, unless they were not as described on the product page, and this must be made aware to us by email within 24 hours of receiving your order (including a full description of the temperature, sunlight, protection from cold or hot weather, etc that was provided by the customer, including pictures of the plant). After this time, returns on plant life will not be accepted due to external care factors playing such a large part in quality (withholding of water, overwatering, burning by sunlight/frost, over-fertilisation, eaten by animals/insects, cold and heat extremes, etc.). Under Australian Consumer Law, when you buy products, they come with automatic guarantees . We comply with Australian Consumer Law. The customer shall cover the costs of returning the plants to us by mail.
- Plants ordered by customers living in a different climatic zone than the natural range of the species (eg. Piper methysticum ‘Kava’, a tropical plant sent to areas south of QLD) will not be replaced/refunded. You should only order plants from outside of your climatic range if you are experienced and have suitable equipment to look after them. For VIC and SA, these species would include Banisteriopsis spp., Piper methysticum, Psychotria spp., Vanilla, etc.
- While we make every effort to provide the highest quality seeds, plants and herbal products, we do not give any expressed or implied warranty in any regards other than the proper identification of seeds and plants (within recognised tolerances) and then only to the limit of the purchase price. We strive that all our seed is as fresh and of the highest quality we can grow or find, however we cannot replace seed that does not germinate as we have no control over how the seed were planted or the conditions they are planted in.
- We do everything we can to make sure you receive your item in good condition, however once the item is posted we have not control over Australia Post or any third party that they may use to deliver your item, therefore we cannot accept any claims for lost, damaged or stolen items. In cases of lost mail we can provide tracking numbers for all shipping options, which you can then use to contact Australia Post who will start an investigation for you. Please contact us ask us if you wish to insure or register your shipment, it is not expensive but will protect you against lost, damaged or stolen items.
- The purchaser by ordering from Herbalistics accepts all terms set out above and accepts full responsibility for any matters arising from the purchased goods or the information provided on the Herbalistics website. Many of the products we sell may be toxic to adults/children or animals if consumed, keep all products out of reach of children and animals where necessary.
- We are primarily an internet business and email is our preferred contact method. Telephone contact is not always convenient as we are most likely in the garden or nursery, packing orders or looking after our kids and animals.
We appreciate your custom and support!
Herbalistics Pty Ltd.